Best Hair Texturizer
When you spend quite some time for your hair health and appearance, you know that this doesn’t get to just a shampoo and some hair conditioner. There are many beauty products that address to specific problems of hair and you need to spend some time and patience to figure out which works the best for your hair.
Among all of these hair products, we find the hair texturizer that is especially created for the curly hair out there. The hair texturizer is a mild relaxer that brings some loose on the natural curls patterns. It’s totally different from a relaxer that puts the curl patterns totally under control as it straightens them completely.
The hair texturizer is supposed to take out the high tension for the tight curls and release it a bit. Therefore, our curls become easier to style and to control.
- 1 TOP 10 Best Hair Texturizer Reviews
- 1.1 1. Garnier Fructis Style Texture Tease
- 1.2 2. Organics Texture My Way No-Lye
- 1.3 3. Sebastian Texturizer Flexible Bodifying-liquigel
- 1.4 4. Sexy Hair Gel a Natural Hair Styling Texturizer
- 1.5 5. Sexy Hair Style Spray Clay Texturizer
- 1.6 6. KMS California Hairplay Playable Texture Spray
- 1.7 7. Davines This is a Dry Texturizer
- 1.8 8. Amika Obliphica Un.Done Texture Spray
- 1.9 9. Living Proof Amp Texture Volumizer
- 1.10 10. John Masters Organics Hair Texturizer, Bourbon Vanilla and Tangerine
- 2 Best hair texturizer for the money/best value
- 3 Best cheap/budget hair texturizer
- 4 Best hair texturizers for black hair
- 5 Best hair texturizer for short hair
- 6 Best texturizer to make hair curly
- 7 Best texturizer for black hair 4c
- 8 Best hair texturizer spray
- 9 Best hair texturizer for waves
- 10 Best texturizer for long hair
- 11 Best hair texturizer for natural hair
- 12 Best hair texturizer for thin hair
- 13 Best hair texturizer for thick hair
- 14 Best hair texturizer for coarse hair
- 15 Best texturizer for relaxed hair
The close-up on hair texturizer
If we take a look at the big picture, the hair texturizer is good for your hair as it makes it easier to manage, but it may cause also some problems. So you need to take it out of your head that you don’t use any more chemicals on your hair- as a hair texturizer is not quite natural.
In order to be efficient, a hair texturizer has to contain chemicals just like hair relaxers. Some think a hair texturizer is safer to use, but it’s only because it doesn’t stay long on your hair, and because it’s natural.
Hair texturizers give the best results on the shorter hair and they don’t work that good on the long hair. Even for the hair-stylist, getting good results with a hair texturizer on a longer hair might be quite a challenge. The situation might end up with areas with completely straightened out strands of hair and…full curls in other areas.
Choosing a hair texturizer is not that easy as it might seem and you need to really pay attention to the ingredients in order to keep your healthy at the same time.
Some hair texturizers come with a neutralizing shampoo and this is a good choice as the shampoo stops the chemical process right after your washed the texturizer.
Look for hair texturizers with enriching emollients that keep under control the porosity of your hair. Jojoba oil, shea butter, olive oil-are some of this type of ingredients. Even though some products are labeled as natural, this might not be entirely true so learn to read…between the lines.
Try to stay away from the texturizers that have no active ingredients to loosen your curls. Not only they give temporary results, but they also might give bad reactions to your hair.
To use or not to use a hair texturizer
When you use a hair texturizer on your natural hair, you maintain its flow and texture, but you get rid of the constant worry to use heated styling tools. Hair texturizer gives weight and shape to your hair, no matter if it’s totally straight, a little wavy or totally curly.
Whenever you’re using a hair texturizer you need to play it safe so there are some things to keep in mind.
You need to apply some Vaseline petroleum jelly, especially if you have a sensitive scalp and hairlines. Try to read carefully the instructions and stay away from combs while and after applying the texturizer.
It’s also good to use a neutralizing shampoo as you don’t want sodium hydroxide on for too long. Don’t forget about conditioning your hair and don’t overdo it with styling after a hair texturizer.
Last, but not least, try to use hair texturizer only once in a couple of months as a regular use might get your curls straighten out entirely and…cause some hair loss also.
As a fair conclusion, try to stay safe in the beginning and don’t hesitate to ask some help from a professional hair stylist.
TOP 10 Best Hair Texturizer Reviews
1. Garnier Fructis Style Texture Tease
When you want to give your hair nice body, without paying too much, give it a shot with the Garnier Fructis Style Texture Tease Dry Touch Finishing Spray.
The texturizer gives a nice volume and texture to your hair, without an artificial feel to it. Your hair looks full and gets a nice body, but with no sticky feel to it.
You may use the spray for many hair types, color treated and curly hair including. It’s easy to use, giving your hair volume and texture, without the stickiness and hardness you may expect. It leaves no flakes behind either.
You need to shake it well before use, keeping it 8-12in away from your head. Spray it from roots down to mid-shaft on your dry hair. You may scrunch and rustle up your hair using your fingers.
In case you’re going for the extra hold, you should part your hair into 2in sections and layer your product section by section.
The hair gets a flexible grip so you may re-make for keeping your hair’s fullness.
The spray doesn’t give a tacky finish to your hair and doesn’t weigh it down either. It has a specific Garnier Fructis smell, which is quite nice though.
Let’s not forget the low price which may seal the deal for many.
Here are the most important pros:
- The spray is easy to use on many hair types
- It gives a nice volume, body and natural feel to your hair
- The hold is good and the hair remains manageable
- The price is very good
Here are its minor flaws:
- Some noticed a dirty feel on the hair afterwards
- It may dry your hair if you use too much of it
Nevertheless, as it gives a good hold, volume and body to your hair, the spray remains a great option for any tight budget.
2. Organics Texture My Way No-Lye
If you want to relax your curls, but using natural products, give it a go with the Organics Texture My Way No-Lye Organic Conditioning Texturizing System.
The texturizer provides one strength for all hair textures. You need to carefully read and follow the instructions. It’s not difficult to do it, but you do need to pay attention. You may choose the texture of your hair and apply accordingly, like the drugstore base coats.
The organic conditioning moisturizes and strengthens your hair, protecting it from damage too. It softens your hair, eliminating frizz as well.
You should also use a neutralizer shampoo with it as the texturizer is quite strong. It loosens your curls and relaxes your hair.
You may also use it for color treated hair.
Here is a short list of qualities:
- The texturizer has one strength for all hair textures
- You can choose the desired texture for your hair
- It softens and strengthens your hair
- It minimizes frizz and loosens your hair
The downsides aren’t major:
- It may dry your hair
- You have to be careful about the time as it may damage your hair if left for too long
As long as you’re really careful when using it, the texturizing system is going to put your curls under control, in a natural way.
3. Sebastian Texturizer Flexible Bodifying-liquigel
Versatile and easy to use on various types of hairs, the Sebastian Texturizer Flexible Bodifying-liquigel is a nice option to try, especially when your budget is tight.
The texturizer gives a medium hold to your hair that remains easy to manage, while shining at the same time. You may confidently use it for fine, thin, curly or colored hair and the texturizer may successfully work even on highlighted hair.
A little goes a long way so the texturizer is going to serve you for a good amount of time. It gives nice definition to your curls, keeping them bouncy and pretty. Your hair remains soft, not stiff or sticky, with a natural feel to it.
Even though the hold isn’t very strong, the texturizer is great to use for various styling. It doesn’t leave your hair gunky and its lightweight texture doesn’t weigh down your hair either.
In order to get the best out of it, it’s important that you store it in cool dry place.
Don’t forget about the price, which makes the texturizer a great bargain anytime.
Here’s what we like the most about the texturizer:
- It leaves your hair soft, with a natural feel to it
- It doesn’t weigh down your hair
- Your hair remains easy to manage
- A little goes a long way
The cons aren’t major:
- The hold may not last all day long
- Some expected it to be thicker
As long as you’re focusing on the ups, which are plenty, you’re on a safe side when getting the texturizer.
4. Sexy Hair Gel a Natural Hair Styling Texturizer
Some of you may want to use only natural ingredients for their hair so a texturizer that falls in the category would be the Sexy Hair Gel a Natural Hair Styling Texturizer.
The natural hair gel doesn’t leave your hair crunchy and gross, but pretty and bouncy. It makes your wavy curls and straight hair look nice for a long day. The hair gel is infused with Aloe Vera which is full of vitamins A, C and E that nourish your hair. The hair gel manages to give a nice texture so that you may lock the style for the day.
The formula of the hair gel is impressive and includes 20 minerals and 18 amino acids, plus 12 vitamins. As Aloe Vera is a natural humectant, it draws moisture into the surface of your hair, keeping it there.
The hair gel may be used on all kinds of hair and its weightless formula lets you get an elegant straight hair, perky curls or bedhead waves. It gives body to the thin hair, smooths the coarse thick type and lets you style your hair just the way you want it every time.
Hypoallergenic, sulfate free and paraben free, the hair gel is safe to use for all hair types, men, women and children. It may be also used on color treated hair, African American hair and all sorts of textures and colors.
Even though it doesn’t provide the strongest hold, the hair gel is for daily use and maintains the style of your hair. It has a nice smell, leaving a healthy look to your hair too.
Let’s pinpoint the most important parts:
- The hair gel includes Aloe Vera
- It’s hypoallergenic and has no sulfate or paraben
- It addresses all sorts of hair and colors
- It gives your hair nice body and texture
We’re not taking back the choice because of some inherent flaws:
- The hold is minimal
- It’s a bit smaller than expected
As long as you’re not aiming for the extra hold, but for a healthy, nice looking and texturized hair, the hair gel is one natural option to try when in need.
5. Sexy Hair Style Spray Clay Texturizer
Adding nice volume and texture to your hair, the Sexy Hair Style Spray Clay Texturizer is easy to use and affordable, becoming a great option for many out there.
The spray gives you the effects of clay, but in a spray form that is functional in many situations. The spray has a great size and it’s so easy to travel with.
You actually get a non-traditional clay in a spray form and the new aerosol application is quite innovative. The spray form allows you fine and even distribution of the product, giving your entire hair a textured look and a matter finish.
The spray doesn’t leave your hair sticky nor leaves a crunchy feel to it either. The hold is great and non-waxy and the spray leaves no residue behind. The looks of your hair aren’t greasy and the spray works for all hair types.
Here’s what we like the most about it:
- It’s great for all hair types
- It offers effects of clay in spray form
- It ensures a good hold
- It doesn’t leave residue nor greasy look
We don’t make a drama out of the minor issues:
- Some feel the spray makes the hair hard
- Some noticed their hair get frizzy
All in all, as it’s versatile, easy to use and to take when travelling, the spray is a great choice for many.
6. KMS California Hairplay Playable Texture Spray
Even though it’s designed for all hair types, the KMS California Hairplay Playable Texture Spray gives great results especially on the fine curly hair.
The spray is multi-functional so you may easily use it to style, prep and give the final touch to your hair. Its formula includes re-bonding technology that lowers the stickiness, increasing the versatility of the spray at the same time.
You may use it as a prep spray on your wet hair, blow drying and styling your hair afterwards. If you’re aiming to build the style, you may also use it on dry hair, accentuating layers and obtaining the lasting finishing style that you wanted.
The texturizer isn’t foamy and leaves your hair soft and easy to style later on. You may even re-style your hair the next day.
Smelling amazing, the spray works and it’s easy to use. It adds body to your hair and doesn’t weigh it down either. It gives a great lift even on a humid weather, which makes it more versatile and dependable.
Unlike other texturizers, this one doesn’t get hard and crusty and works in so many ways.
Let’s list the main qualities:
- The texturizer may be used on both wet and dry hair
- You may use it for prepping, styling and the final touch of your styling
- It gives your hair a nice body, without adding the weight
- It smells amazing and works well
We’re not complaining much over some inherent flaws:
- Some feel their hair sticky when using it
- It may leave the hair not as playable as you may want
Nevertheless, for the good things it brings to the table and the good price, the texturizer is a versatile and dependable option for so many.
7. Davines This is a Dry Texturizer
Winner of Total Beauty’s 2017 Best Texture/Beach spray, the Davines This is a Dry Texturizer is going to give your hair not only a nice texture, but also a great smell.
The texturizer is easy to use and its formula makes it versatile as it fits all hair types. The spray has a dry, lightweight formula, giving your hair a nice structure and texture immediately. The hold is long-lasting and your hair gets that salon look that we all look for.
You simply spray the texturizer directly onto your dry hair from lengths to tips. Your hair gets a great texture afterwards that is easy to work with as the hair remains easy to manage,
The spray adds a nice volume to your hair, without being sticky at all. It’s great to use between 2 shampoos also, refreshing your styles.
Leaving a great perfume in your hair, the texturizer is a great choice for anyone willing to spend the extra buck.
Let’s list the most important pros:
- The spray is very easy to use for all hair types
- It gives nice structure and texture to your hair instantly
- It has an amazing smell
- It gives your hair volume, without being sticky
Some cons are worth to mention:
- It’s not quite a cheap texturizer
- Some got it poorly packaged
All in all, the texturizer gives your hair nice structure and texture, leaving a great smell behind too.
8. Amika Obliphica Un.Done Texture Spray
Use the dry and invisible formula of the Amika Obliphica Un.Done Texture Spray to gives your hair a nice, sexy and matte texture.
The spray gives you a good hold to your hair, but it doesn’t take away its flexibility and leaves it easy to manage to. It presents also anti-humidity benefits and protects your hair against thermal treatments. It minimizes risk for moisture loss, forming a barrier on the hair that smooths down the cuticle. The spray doesn’t just add texture and nice volume to your hair, but also comes with great anti-frizz advantages too.
You need to shale and spray on dry hair. You may safely use it on color-treated hair, Keratin-treated and Brazilian-treated hair too.
The formula of the hair is another thing to mention as the spray doesn’t include any sodium chloride, sulfates, artificial colors or parabens. By contrary, it includes Zeolite that is a mineral controlling frizz, while detoxifying your hair and building a durable volume and texture. The formula also includes Oryza Sativa, which is rice starch, a very light powder that soaks in dirt and oils, giving more volume and texture.
The spray has an amazing scent and leaves no residue nor crunchy feel to your hair. It gives a straight polished look to your hair and just the right amount of textures.
When in need for a finishing touch, don’t hesitate to use it. You may feel like paying the extra buck for it, but the spray is worth it. It doesn’t weigh down your hair and smells all day long.
Here are some of our favs:
- It gives good texture and volume to your hair
- It’s great for a nice, finishing touch
- It doesn’t include any parabens, sulfates, sodium chloride nor artificial colors
- It smells amazing and holds well
We’re not changing our mind over some minor flaws:
- The hold doesn’t last for more than a couple of hours
- Some feel it’s a bit pricey
9. Living Proof Amp Texture Volumizer
For the thin hair that is always lacking some volume, you can try the Living Proof Amp Texture Volumizer.
The hair texturizer gives immediate volume to your thin hair and a good texture. Your hair is not dry anymore, doesn’t tangle and is easier to manage. It gets volume and a nice hold for more than one day.
The texturizer makes your hair more flexible and moldable. The hair is not stiff and gains a nice flow. You may make a quick fix any now and then as the hair doesn’t get stiff.
The hair texturizer is a good option not only for the thin hair, but also for the fine to medium hair with layers. You may also use it if your hair is color or chemically treated.
The texturizer doesn’t weigh down your hair and leaves no white residues as it’s clear. It doesn’t build up and leaves no sticky residues either. It wears a nice, fresh smell that goes away after a while. A little goes a long way and the texturizer might get you through some good weeks.
The hair texturizer gives a good hold for more than one day. The hair has a nice volume, but it may get a fix from time to time as the texturizer doesn’t give a stiff hold.
It contains no sulfate, silicone or oil.
The most important pros are:
- The hair texturizer gives a nice volume to the thin, fine hair
- The hair texturizer gives a good, yet flexible hold to the hair
- The texturizer works also for the short, medium, color and chemically treated hair
- The texturizer wears a nice smell and doesn’t weigh down your hair
We also have some cons:
- The hair texturizer is not the best choice for the long hair
- If you use too much, your hair might look dirty
10. John Masters Organics Hair Texturizer, Bourbon Vanilla and Tangerine
For putting your natural waves under control, without weighing them down, try the John Masters Organics Hair Texturizer, Bourbon Vanilla and Tangerine.
The hair texturizer is a Bourbon Vanilla and tangerine product that is a great choice for a casual style. It gives a nice definition to your waves, but it also highlights any other type of hair. You may also use the texturizer if you have colored-treated hair.
The texturizer is full of organic ingredients. The castor oil, glycerin and 5 organic oils ensure an amazing shine to your hair. Your hair becomes softer, easier to manage and encouraged for a healthy growth thanks to the castor oil within.
The hair texturizer fits all hair types for both men and women, short or thick hair.
The texturizer wears an amazing fragrance that is subtle, though. It’s not wax based so it doesn’t weigh down your hair.
A little goes a long way and the texturizer ensures a great style for the whole day. It gives your hair volume, nice texture and good flow to the waves. It doesn’t build up throughout the day and it’s not aggressive to your hair.
Let’s list our pros:
- The hair texturizer includes 5 organic oils, glycerin and castor oil
- Your hair becomes shinier, softer and easier to manage
- The hair gets a nice texture and a natural flow on the waves
- The hair texturizer fits all hair types and wears a nice smell
There is also a list of cons:
- The texturizer comes in a glass recipient and…accidents happen
- Some feel the hair a bit greasy afterwards, but you need to pay attention to the used amount
Best hair texturizer for the money/best value
The pretty berry scent of the Kenra Platinum Texturizing Taffy #13 is one thing that counts when using the texturizer, but there’s more to it than just a nice smell.
The texturizer gives amazing texture to your hair and separates it, allowing you to try the funky hair style for the day. Its pliable formula gives amazing memory and control so your hair gains the body and texture that you were looking for, but still remains easy to manage.
A little goes a long way and the texturizer is going to serve you well for quite some time. It leaves your hair soft and gives it a nice, moveable feel. It texturizes your hair, leaving it shiny and easy to manage.
The texturizer has a great berry scent that doesn’t cover the other scents. It adds moisture to your hair, without the greasy and the sticky feel that you may expect.
It’s a great option for all sorts of hair types, especially short hair. As long as you’re not using too much of it, you can get the results that you want from a texturizer.
The color is also something worth to mention about the texturizer.
For those of you who care, it’s also important to note that the texturizer is animal friendly as it hasn’t been tested on animals.
Here are the best parts about it:
- It smells nice and has a great color
- It texturizes and separates hair
- It leaves the hair soft and easy to manage
- It gives great shine and control over your hair
Let’s not forget the minor cons:
- If you use too much of it, it may weigh down your hair
- It could leave a greasy feel when you put too much in your hair
For the money you pay, the texturizer gives your hair a great texture and softness and smells nice, on top of everything else.
Best cheap/budget hair texturizer
If you are determined to use a hair texturizer but don’t really want to chip in too much, give it a try with the Sebastian Microweb Fiber, Flexible-elastic Texturizer.
The hair texturizer gives a nice, flexible texture to your hair. the micro web fiber gives your hair a silky appearance and a good definition. Your waves are nicely contoured and have a good flow.
The texturizer is clear and wears a nice fragrance. It doesn’t leave white residues and it washes out easily.
The hair texturizer addresses mostly for the short, spiky hair, but it works also for the thin, fine hair.
Your hair remains well balanced and it doesn’t become sticky nor oily when using the hair texturizer. Your hair gets a great shape that has an appealing movement.
The hair texturizer is easy to use and it gives a medium strong hold.
And the price is great for the quality you get.
The list of main pros is:
- The hair texturizer gives a medium strong hold
- The hair gets a nice, flexible hold and a good flow
- The hair doesn’t remain sticky or oily
- The hair texturizer wears a nice smell and has a clear texture
As for the cons, we have some:
- Some feel the texturizer tends to weigh down the hair
- Some would like a better texture on the hair when using the texturizer
Best hair texturizers for black hair
We all love our challenging, curly black hair, but sometimes you simply want it to be less “perky” and easier to tame.
You get this chance with the Just for Me Texture Softener (3-Pack) with Free Nail File.
The texturizer is especially created for the black hair so it’s able not only get it a bit under control, but also to moisturize and hydrate it.
The sunflower oil formula is efficient and the texturizer makes the hair easier to style and more resistant to breakage. It softens your natural hair texture, keeping the curls defined though. The texturizer also protects the hair from the heat when styling or other aggressive processes.
The texturizer settles down your hair for more than 10 weeks. You only need to know how to use it and to have the courage to get the professional help, when in need.
The texturizer wears a nice smell and gives a nice shine to the hair. the texturizer washes well and easy.
The list of main pros is:
- The texturizer puts the hair under control
- It protects it against breakage and other aggressive processes
- The sunflower oil formula tames the curls, but also hydrates the hair
- The texturizer lasts for more than 10 months
As much as we’d like it, we also have some cons:
- The texturizer adds some weight on the hair
- It might leave a greasy look if used too much
Best hair texturizer for short hair
When you get a hair texturizer like the Tigi Love, Peace and The Planet Eco Freako Texturizer, you also get an organic product that styles and keeps your hair healthy at the same time.
The Tigi Love, Peace and the Planet is full of organic ingredients that are able to help you style your hair, without being aggressive to it.
The texturizer provides a good hold, that has also a nice flow. The hair gets a great texture and a full body. The hair shines and has no greasy feel.
The texturizer doesn’t weigh down your hair and leaves no white residues. It doesn’t build up throughout the day and the hair doesn’t get crunchy.
The texturizer is a great choice for the short, fine hair. it gives nice volume and appealing definition.
The texturizer wears a nice fragrance and you only need to use a little bit in order to get best results.
The most important pros on our part are:
- The texturizer includes only organic ingredients
- The texturizer gives a good definition and a nice texture to your short hair
- The texturizer doesn’t weigh down your hair
- The hold is good and the shine is natural
Our cons aren’t many:
- Some feel greasy hands when using it
- Some have a sticky feel on hair afterwards
Best texturizer to make hair curly
If your hair is not quite settle on its type and it’s curly and straight at the same time, give it some help and let it settle for the curly type with a hair texturizer. The Aquage Sea Salt Texturizing Spray is a great choice for that as it gives volume to your straight hair, giving definition on your wavy ends.
The Aquage sea salt spray gives a good body to your hair. your hair gains more defined curls and the straight gets more body.
The styling and texturizing spray helps you get a “day on the beach” look. The lightweight polymers contain magnesium-rich dead sea salts that make your hair thicker and nicely looking.
The texturized adjusts to your undecided hair and gives a creative textured style. The hair texturizer wears a great perfume and doesn’t weigh down your hair.
A little goes a long way and the spray might get you through quite some time.
The most important pros are:
- the hair texturizer gives volume to your straight hair and defines your curls
- the texturizer adjusts to the natural texture of your hair and works it like you want it
- the texturizer wears a nice fragrance
- the texturizer makes your hair curly and with better volume
We do have some cons though:
- some feel the hair dry and sticky afterwards
- the texturizer contains parabens
Best texturizer for black hair 4c
When you don’t just have black hair, but also 4c black hair and want to put “things” in order, you can get some help from the Alter Ego Linange Shea Butter Texturizer.
The texturizer should be used according to the provided instructions. The texturizer is very strong and you should pay attention when using it for the first time. You might also get some help from a professional hair-stylist.
You should wear rubber gloves through the entire treatment and to not use shampoo before the treatment. Don’t use it on wet hair either and always use a timer.
Try to apply the texturizer to new growth areas in small sections and to smooth it just the way you started the application.
Once you got the results you want it, use some luke warm water to rinse completely. Use also a conditioner in the end and a hair mask just as well.
As the texturizer acts like a relaxer, you can protect your hair by using a jojoba or argan oil also. your hair remains silky, soft and easier to style. Even though your curls get tamed, the looks are still natural.
We try to highlight the main pros:
- the texturizer is quite strong
- the hair gets soft, silky and easier to style
- the texturizer puts the curls under control
- the texturizer works fast
Apart from the fact we think the texturizer to be a bit too strong, as it acts like a relaxer, we have no cons. The texturizer does what you want: to get some control over your 4c black hair.
Best hair texturizer spray
The Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray is a great option for volume and nice texture on your hair. the spray acts like a dry shampoo as it absorbs oil and leaves your hair styled for several days.
The Oribe Signature Complex (Watermelon, Lychee, Edelweiss flower extracts) protects the hair from oxidative factors, phot—aging and the disappear of natural keratin. This means your hair is protected from drying and damaging.
When we go through the ingredients, we see Kiwi and Passion Flower extracts that give strong antioxidants and also ensure a moisture balance on your hair. The Ginger root extract increases circulation and makes your hair shinier and softer. The Mango extract hydrates, nourishes and soothes your hair, whereas the Sunflower Seed extract makes you hair shiny, protecting its color at the same time.
The Aloe Barbadensis leaf extracts also nourish, hydrates and soothes the hair. the spray also contains Zeolite Crystallines that absorb and trap dirt, oils and odors.
The spray gives enough hold for a gentle resistance. It’s clear, invisible and leaves no white residues. It can also be layered upon and wears a nice fragrance. The spray doesn’t weigh down your hair and a little goes a long way.
The list of main pros is:
- The spray acts like a dry shampoo and gives your hair a style that lasts for days
- The spray also nourishes, hydrates and moisturizes your hair
- The spray is clear and leaves no white residues
- A little goes a long way and the spray wears a nice perfume
When we look at the cons, we see the following:
- The spray might not be the perfect choice for the long, straight hair
- It may leave a sticky feel
Best hair texturizer for waves
If you want your waves to have a natural, “just got back from the beach” appearance, don’t hesitate to try the Beach Waves Sea Salt Spray for Hair Texturizing for the Perfect Curl.
The Beach Waves salt spray gives your waves volume and nice flow, without adding any weight on them. The curls and waves get a better and nice definition.
Your hair gets a full body and the waves don’t mingle anymore, but stand out and flow naturally.
The texturizer gives also UV protection, which is why it’s such a perfect choice for the summer time. The texturizer is lightweight and doesn’t weigh down your hair. it doesn’t build up and doesn’t make your hair feel crunchy. The texturizer wears a nice fragrance and it’s easy to use.
You can simply apply hair texturizer on your wet/dry hair and finger drying it afterwards or let the hair dry naturally. If you want more volume on your hair, you can diffuse with heat.
The texturizer is a good choice for the fine, frizzy hair also.
The texturizer doesn’t contain any parabens nor alcohol so it’s not aggressive on your hair.
Our most important pros are:
- The texturizer gives volume and great definition to your waves and curls
- The texturizer gives UV protection so it’s great for summertime
- The texturizer is good for the fine, frizzy hair also
- It contains no parabens nor alcohol either
Our cons would be:
- The texturizer is not for the thick hair
- Some experienced minimum results on their waves when using the texturizer
Best texturizer for long hair
Lightweight and natural, the Jonathan Product Dirt Texturizing Paste is a reliable option for most of hair types, but mostly for the long hair.
The non-greasy paste has an efficient formula that adds nice texture and shape to your hair, leaving you the chance to manage your hair easily for the perfect style. The texturizer adds a nice shine to your hair, but without the artificial look that some texturizers may leave behind.
The texturizer’s formula includes plenty of natural ingredients, each of them with several benefits on your hair. The lemongrass essential water adds body to your hair, but conditions it and improves its shine at the same time. On the other hand, the natural botanical extracts enhance growth of your hair, but also make your hair shinier and silkier.
Let’s not forget the rice protein and the sweet almond that repair the over-styled and damaged hair. As for the anti-oxidant botanicals inside the texturizer, they’re great too, protecting your hair from the environmental damage. On the list of natural ingredients, we also find: white tea, coltsfoot, horsetail, nettle, aloe, ginseng, watercress, almond and Hawaiian white ginger.
All of these ingredients create a nice scent to the texturizer. Some feel it has honey, almond cookies and even vanilla scent, but no matter what you feel, the main idea is that the texturizer smells amazing.
Another good thing of the texturizer is that it doesn’t include any gluten or phthalate, so it’s all natural.
The water based texturizing paste is not sticky and polishes your hair, minimizing the need for hair spray. It’s lightweight and doesn’t build up. It gives your hair a nice volume and creates a great look.
You only need a small amount in your hands and work it until it liquefies. You work it into your dry or damp hair, creating the style you wanted. The texturizer paste is also easy to wash out.
Let’s go quickly over the main qualities:
- The texturizer paste is full of natural ingredients
- It’s lightweight and doesn’t weigh down your hair
- It gives your hair nice volume, body and texture
- It smells amazing and leaves your hair manageable
We’re not making a tragedy out of the inherent flaws:
- Some feel it’s a bit on the greasy side
- It doesn’t give the strongest hold
The long list of natural ingredients, the efficiency and the nice smell turn the texturizer paste into a great choice for many hair types, long hair included.
Best hair texturizer for natural hair
For the curly, frizzy, natural hair that always needs more than just regular shampoo for good control, the Moroccan Argan Leave-In Conditioner Cream – Frizz Control Hydrating Texturizer Styling Crème is an option to consider.
The Moroccan Argan Leave-in Cream is both a hair styling anti-frizz treatment and a texturizer frizz control cream that works for normal, thick, straightened or curly hair at the same time.
The texturizer hydrates, nourishes the dry, damaged, natural hair and protects it. It includes as ingredients an herbal complex with argan oil, essential oils, plant extracts that not only get control over your hair, but it also keeps it healthy and shiny.
The texturizer has no sulfates, salts, alcohol and it has never been tested on animals.
The hair texturizer eliminates frizz and makes your hair look vital, healthy, soft and refresh. Your hair doesn’t tangle anymore and it’s easier to style. Your natural hair gets a nice shape and it gets nourished with all the fatty acids, anti-oxidants and essential vitamins that give health to your hair.
The hair texturizer gives a nice texture to your hair and an amazing smell. Your hair doesn’t get stiffy and the texturizer is fast absorbed. The texturizer is lightweight and lasts quite some time.
Let’s list our pros:
- The texturizer is a leave-in cream that also works as an anti-frizz treatment
- Your hair becomes frizz-free, shiny, healthy and easy to style
- The hair actually gets nourished by the nutrients in the texturizer
- The hair texturizer works for all hair types, including natural hair
But, along with the pros come few cons:
- The hair texturizer contains petroleum
- Your hair might get a greasy look, if you use too much of the texturizer
Best hair texturizer for thin hair
If you want to step up your game when it comes to your thin hair, boost its body and volume by using an efficient hair texturizer like the Matrix Amplify Full Body Texturizer Spray.
The Matrix Amplify works on a patented Thixel Thickening Technology that gives more body and volume to your thin hair, great volume without weighing it down.
Your thin hair gets better texture, fuller body and looks better. The texture spray addresses to both male and female hair and improves the looks of the thin hair. Your thin hair doesn’t tangle anymore and looks great after style.
The texturizer is lightweight and wears no perfume. You can use it on a wet hair and then blow dry. The hold is medium strong. The hair remains styled the whole day, without any stiffness. The hair doesn’t become crispy and has a good flow.
The texturizer is humidity resistant so your hair remains great looking at the beach also.
The texturizer is hypo-allergenic. It contains strong ceramides that give strength and rebuild the fine, limp hair. the hair doubles its volume and gains density and grip.
The short list of main pros:
- The texturizer contains ceramides that strengthen the hair and double its volume
- The hair gains volume and better body and texture
- The hair looks nice and doesn’t tangle anymore
- The hold is medium strong and the texturizer wears no smell
The list of cons is even shorter:
- It seems that the texturizer is not that easy to find
- You might feel your hair dirty at times
Best hair texturizer for thick hair
Just because your hair is thick and difficult to manage, doesn’t mean you can get some control over it, when using the right hair product.
The It’s a 10 Miracle Texture Fiber is a great texturizer that addresses all hair types, but gives best results on thick hair.
If you want a nice definition for your curls, this is the texturizer to use also. your hair is not frizzy anymore and gets easier to tame and style. The hold is good, but flexible.
The hair texturizer is great for defining your waves and curls and gives your hair a nice shine, without a greasy feel. The hair has a good flow, yet looks defined and put under control.
The hair texturizer is humidity resistant, so you may take it to the beach also.
The hair texturizer doesn’t weigh down your hair and wears no smell. It doesn’t build up and leaves no white residues either. The hold is medium strong, with continuous flow. The texturizer is not aggressive for your hair and washes out pretty well.
Your hair gets a nice texture and a good body. A little goes a long way and the hair texturizer fits all hair types.
The most important pros are:
- The hair texturizer puts the thick, curly hair under control
- It gives a nice, yet flexible hold
- The texturizer defines the hair and makes it shiny
- The texturizer has no smell and is humidity resistant
We have some cons, though:
- Your hair gets a greasy look when you use too much texturizer
- Some consider this to be pricey
Best hair texturizer for coarse hair
Maybe you have tried several hair products to get in control over your course hair by now, maybe you didn’t…Either way, you can give it a go with the Neuma Style Texturizer.
The texturizer makes your hair easier to style and leaves it with a smooth, moisturized, yet not too strong hold. The hair remains flexible for a good time.
The texturizer has a soft, lightweight formula that doesn’t weigh down your hair, but it’s strong enough to put your course hair under control. The hair is shiny and the frizz is gone. No more flyaways, no more worry on the looks of your course hair. The hair gets silky smooth and gains a simmering shine.
The texturizer provides great heat protection and humidity resistance at the same time. Your hair doesn’t get a dirty feel and the texturize doesn’t add weight on your hair.
A little goes a long way and the texturizer wears a nice, fresh smell. It washes out easy from your hands and from the hair just as well.
Let’s pinpoint our pros:
- The texturizer puts under control the frizzy hair, giving it some movement also
- The hair becomes shinier, softer and easier to style
- The hair is protected from heat and humidity
- The texturizer molds and holds altogether
We also have minor cons:
- Some feel the texturizer a bit sticky
- The short, fine hair might not benefit from the texturizer
Whenever you want to get some discipline into your course hair though, this texturizer sure makes a good choice.
Best texturizer for relaxed hair
If you are the type that spends some time while styling the hair, it means that you might have been relaxing it by now at least once. You’ve learned, the hard way though, that you need to go the extra mile and give better protection and more attention on your relaxed hair.
A great way to do that is to use a product that does more than just one thing, just like Drybar Triple Sec 3-In-1.
The Dry-Bar Triple Sec is a 3-in-1 product; it’s a volumizer, texturizer and a dry shampoo at the same time.
The spray is easy to use and gives your hair a great body and a nice texture. The matte texture ensures a nice, controlled hair. the hair gets a nice volume that is easy to manage also.
The spray is easy to carry around and functions as a light, clear dry shampoo that leaves no white residues or flakes. It’s also a dry shampoo that absorbs oil and leaves the hair with a fresh and clean feeling.
The texturizer is made with crystal clear, microporous minerals that not only absorb oil, but also makes your hair fuller. The hair is styled, but it gains a good flow. The spray also gives UV protection and maintains your hair healthy.
The spray wears a nice fragrance and doesn’t weigh down your hair. it’s lightweight, easy to use and highly versatile.
The spray is also cruelty-free and is a great choice for the color treated and keratin treated hair.
- The DryBar is a 3-in-1 product: texturizer, dry shampoo and volumizer
- The hair gains body, nice texture and good flow
- The hair is put under control and gets a healthy look
- The spray is easy to use and easy to carry around
We need to mention the cons also:
- Some feel the spray wears out pretty fast
- The smell feels too strong for some
As it’s great for the relaxed hair and many other types of hair, the spray is a reliable and versatile texturizer to use.