Weddings are unique occasions which are highly esteemed among friends and family members. And therefore, it is all the better an occasion to be made special. Your wedding invitation is the first token of auspicious, and there are so many creative ways to go about it. Your wedding invitation will be like a teaser of your entire function, which will give a few hints of the theme. This is what begins the story of this special one-time occasion.
A custom video invitation is a beautiful way to tell a great story to your audience. It is also comparatively easier to create than physical greetings. There is an invitation maker for Mac and also several video maker apps, which can be useful. It can be shared on multiple platforms like Facebook or Instagram. It can be a fun way of greeting your guests and enticing them to your wedding function. There are many ways to make it interactive and fun. Here are some ideas you can consider!
There are multiple ways you can take inspiration for your video. This can determine the theme and layout of your video.
- Chose a natural setting and had a fun shootout with romantic poses. Edit the video, which has quick transitions and a funky sound clip. Add some colorful texts and gifs, and you are good to go.
- You can choose to pick your destination or venue of the wedding for the shoot. Click some nice photos and make a fun collage with an elegant color palette and get ready to have stunned reactions.
- Another idea is to get inspired by the Vintage era. Have a fun photo session with 80s costumes against deep romantic shades. Have your favorite love song, and you are sure to impress a bunch of your friends.
- If all this is too extravagant, you can keep it simple and personal. Just some good romantic clicks with a short video with the couple talking to each other- it can be romantic or tear-jerking but will make more a memorable invitation. Share the story of how you met or how the proposal happened.
Usage of colors
Using the right color palette can be an effective tool to express emotions and the wedding theme.
- Color blocking is an attractive way to attract an audience with the usage of bold color combinations and beautiful fonts for messages.
- You can use illustrations of florals, TV characters, and other clip arts, which can greatly enhance your video invitation’s quality and message.
- Using warm tones or a rustic palette can be a great idea for wedding invitations because of their soothing nature.
- Use patterns are well for some drama and extra effect on your greetings. Try some indie prints for the freshness of texture in your videos.
- If you have less time in hand, you can stick to bare minimalism and simplicity by using monotones that are powerful and elegant to viewers.
Having a single theme throughout your video can be a great way of adding consistency to your message.
- Floral wedding invitation- Choose a flower or a garden with a special meaning for the couple and have a lovely shooting session. Layout these photos or video clips with a nice bold font to deliver your message.
- Seasonal wedding invitation- Apart from your wedding venue, the season is another key element that guests can be keen on. Using a seasonal theme like winter or spring can add a lot of character to your invitation and the overall wedding. You should choose your colors according to the season. Winter is about snowflake patterns and blues, while spring is all about bright colors.
- Cultural wedding invitation- Several families from different communities have their unique traditions and culture. It would be a brilliant idea to showcase a bit of your tradition or a taste of your culture through the wedding invitation. You can mark it in the video about the different events in the wedding function. Make a nice calendar for the audience to follow. Some traditions have a longer wedding than one day, and the unique customs are a delight to witness.
- Use a story-telling slideshow- A slideshow is an easier way of compiling images and messages, which can also leave a good impact on the viewer. Use an extended slideshow to mark some of the special events in your journey together as a couple, your achievements, and trips that have made your love special. It can be a beautiful way to evoke nostalgia as well as make you excited for the future together.
By using video-making apps, you can convert images to videoswithin minutes. Several video editing applications are easy to use with simple drag and drop features. You can easily add music and audio recordings as background to your clips and videos. Transitions and effects can be added to your video within seconds, making them more interactive and fun. It can be a great idea to use sliding motions or fade in effects that are soothing to the eyes and effectively make videos of various themes and formats.
Suppose you are making multiple videos for multiple occasions like the engagement, marriage function, and other pre-wedding functions. In that case, it is a great idea to stick to one single theme and color palette. This will make your aesthetic more distinctive and relevant.
Another great idea is to make a stop-motion video. It has a fast pace, which is easy to follow for your audience and delivers your message. There are multiple ways you can use the technique by shooting different objects related to the wedding or the location itself.
Video making is a great way to process your invitations being quirky and out-of-the-box in appeal. They are also an eco-friendly method that saves you many hassles of traveling and delivering your letters. Videos have become amazing tools to communicate in the present age of social media. So, don’t over-think and just make use of your creativity to make the grand announcement!